Mechanical department offers PhD program focused on nurturing future researcher working for the welfare of the society and the nation. Students are provided state of the art research facilities to pursue research topics of their interest.
Broad Research Areas
- Tribology: Wear control, Fluid film lubrication, Boundary lubrication, Journal/ Thrust Bearings
- Surface Science and Engineering: Severe Plastic Deformation of Materials, Structure- Property Correlation, Material Degradation and Prevention, Coating, Friction Stir Processing, Wear, Composites, Biomimetic, Nano-micro fabrication, Wetting Phenomena
- Robotics, Mechatronics & Control : Bio-inspired Robots
- Renewable energy technology
- Advanced Materials and Biomedical Engineering