Dr. Santanu Mitra has obtained his Ph.D from Aerospace Engineering Department, Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur and has been actively engaged in teaching and research in bioinspiration & biomimetics, CFD and coupled multiphysics problems since 2000. He has many years of experience on bioinspired FSI analysis, coupled fluid oscillation inside flexible boundaries of various geometrical cavity, flow-induced vibration, acoustic compressible flow, finite element method and developing fast stable numerical solvers. In the recent past, he was associated with Virginia Tech (2011 - 2013) and National University of Singapore (2008 to 2011). Dr. Mitra has been associated with reputed publications in top tier journals. His research interests include bioinspiration and biomimetic robotics, coupled multi-physics modeling, computational fluid dynamics, aeroelasticity, sustainable energy engineering.
Autonomous Underwater/Aerial Vehicle,
Computational Fluid Dynamics,
Sustainable Energy Engineering.
Awards and Recognition (Selected)
- Invited for expert talk at several conferences/institutes of international repute.
- Qualified in Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) India
- Senior Life Member of Aeronautical Society of India.
- Post Graduate Scholar 2005, CL, Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur, India.
- Invited for the Board Membership of “Open Numerical Methods International Journal”.
- Won several School Day prizes for standing amongst the top three ranks of the class in scholastic achievements.